Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 4 of 92 - HAPPY Juicing Day!

Gazpacho...Cappu-green... and Tropical Bliss were the flavors of the day.  And DANG they were good!  Such a change from yesterday's less than appetizing choices.  Of course, trying them out is the only way I'll know what I like and what I don't.

I spent about an hour in the kitchen this morning preparing the day's juice.  Seems like a long time - but I didn't have to spend any time on lunch or dinner.  And when I was hungry, my juice was dutifully waiting for me! (I think it was even smiling at me!) So I've decided it was, and will continue to be time well spent!

Because these were so delicious, I must share the recipes!

For breakfast, Sophie and I had Cappu-Green (as opposed to Cappu-cino)! 
1 bunch kale
1 bunch parsely
3 huge hand fulls spinach
1 bunch celery
2 apples
1 whole lemon (with peel)
6 carrots
a smidge of ginger (remember... I decided yesterday that it's not my favorite!)
2 cucumbers

This was super satisfying and it made 3 quarts!  So it was breakfast for both Sophie and me, and dinner for me!

Lunch was Gazpacho Juice  (SOOOO yummy!)

5 campari tomatoes (any tomato will do fine!)
1 cucumber
2 stalks celery
1 red pepper
1/4 small red onion
1 bunch parsley
1 whole lime (with peel)

Felt like I was at an Italian restaurant - without the bread and pasta! ( I know... that's where I just lost most of you! :)

Finally, my mid-afternoon treat was a pint of Tropical Bliss!  (All that was missing was the vodka!)

1 1/2 cups pineapple
1 orange
1/2 cup coconut water

I have felt good today!  That pesky headache is back this evening, but it's tolerable.  My biggest gripe is my back.  It "went out" 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Which means I haven't run in 2 1/2 weeks :(  I've been to the Chiro 10 times in the past 12 days.  It was the 9th time (this past Friday) that they finally took xrays, figured out the problem and adjusted me to correct it.  It was like magic!  It has been better and better the past couple days.  Today, I decided to go get one last adjustment -just for good measure.  I should have left well enough alone - because now it hurts again.  Not like "I just got adjusted" pain; but more like "crud!  It's kind of messed up again!" pain. :(  Ugh!  So I'll likely be back again tomorrow.  And my 1/2 marathon training continues to patiently wait for me.

This evening I'm on the couch watching LOST with my honey.  (Season 1, episode 2 - in case you were wondering)  Naturally, I'm craving popcorn!  It's that time of night.  I'm confident that my popcorn craving will cease eventually. 

Overall, I'm feeling great and so happy to be on this journey!
One last thing... if you're enjoying following along with me, feel free to subscribe to my blog (on the right).  This will allow you to receive all new postings to your email.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. A great treat Molly is a pineapple/ sweet potato/ oranges. Use it as a dessert specialty, it cures the sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete