Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 23 of 92 - Full Disclosure!

I will start by telling you that I FULLY INTENDED to lie to you all.  I swore  my husband to secrecy, even!  But then I realized that there is no shame in being human.  I am 23 days into a juice feast.  Few people are able to do that.  And I still have 70 days to go!  I am not superhuman!  Period. 


This weekend, I went to Chicago for a getaway with my husband. 

(Here we are!  I'm sporting my new Ann Taylor sunglasses!  Came with a SASSY case!)  GORGEOUS, SUNNY WEEKEND in the Windy City!

 I scoped out juice bars before we left.  I planned how I could successfully stay on tract with my feast.  I COULD HAVE juiced while I was there for a mere 24 hours.  EASY.   But when I talked to my husband about it, (and a few friends) I realized that it would be a drag for him to sit and eat alone while I sip lemon water at unique Chicago restaurants.  He is supportive!  No doubt!  And it's not like I'll never get back to Chicago.  We plan to go again next month, in fact.  But I made a conscious decision to eat in Chicago.  Sensibly.  (I almost stuck to that "sensibly" part!  If it weren't for that damn Garrett's Popcorn!!)

Saturday morning, we had breakfast at West Egg.  I had a veggie egg white omelet. I did not finish it.  I was VERY AFRAID of being in pain, after not eating for 21 days! Fortunately, I felt fine after.   About 6 hours later, hunger set in for Ryan.  My hunger signals have been asleep since about day 5 of my feast.  So I was not hungry.  BUT, I knew we wouldn't be eating again until around 9:00 pm, after seeing a theater production.  So we went to an Armenian restaurant across the street from our hotel.  I ordered a sampler platter which turned out to be tiny!  (That was a GOOD thing!)  I had red cabbage marinated in lemon; two grape leaves filled with rice, dates and humus; and about 6 spoonfuls of white bean and veggie soup.  It was a very small and sensible meal.  Things I would totally eat in my every day, clean eating life.

After seeing the AMAZING show, Million Dollar Quartet, we went to Ditkas for dinner.  (As in... Mike Ditka).  It was a classy joint!  I had a delicious romaine salad followed by Mahi Mahi.  I was stuffed after the salad and only ate a smidge of the Mahi Mahi.  It was lovely restaurant and I felt privileged to be able to go there and enjoy an unique dining experience with my love.  (Did I mention there was wine?!?  I'm counting it as fruit juice!)



This morning was our final eating adventure.  Today is Easter, and the GRAND LUX CAFE has a FABULOUS menu!  We were the second party to enter at 9am.  We got the best seat in the house!   The corner window overlooking Michigan Ave and Ontario.  (A great opportunity for people/fashion watching!)  I enjoyed another eggwhite omelet, filled with asparagus, avocado, onions and mushrooms.  Yum!

THE END.

Back to juicing for the next 70 days.  We stopped at Meijer on our way home and bought everything I need for the week.  I do not consider my juicing efforts to this point lost or wasted. I refuse to feel guilty.   I've juiced for TWENTY ONE DAYS WITH NO CHEATING!  I'm telling you this story so that you don't feel like you could never do this.  Molly is not perfect.  Molly is HUMAN!  JUST LIKE YOU!  My two goals in telling my story via this blog are 1) To inspire you.  2) To hold myself accountable.  I want you to know that YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!  And it's ok to not be perfect!

Best part of the weekend (aside from thoroughly enjoying time with the love of my life!) is that I SHOPPED!!  A LOT!  And I bought SIZE SMALL IN EVERYTHING!!!  (I hope you are happy dancing for me right now!  THIS IS HUGE!)  I was 185 lbs just 17 months ago when I began my Clean Eating Quest.  I am now 133 and dropping.  I bought 4 adorable, classic, somewhat vintage style summer dresses and several blouses.   I tried on size small skirts THAT FIT.   It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!  I can't beging to describe how great it felt to walk into Ann Taylor's Loft and have to ask for smalls off the high racks. It DOES pay to make wise food choices! 

So... that's it.  Full disclosure.  Judge me if you'd like - it makes no difference to me.  I'm 100% committed to this goal.  AND, at the same time, I'm human, flesh and blood. 

Thanks for allowing me to be transparent. :)

Easter Blessings to you!  HE IS RISEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment